During the holidays, I would like you to reinforce the following skills with your child.
- Reads appropriate texts aloud using reading strategies.
- Uses comprehension strategies to answer literal and inferred questions.
- Spell 150 high frequency words.
- Reads 200 high frequency words
- Use nouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives correctly in sentences.
- Use basic conjunctions, contractions and similes in their writing.
- Write recounts, procedures, narratives and persuasives, with neat writing and approximately one page in length.
- Create texts with supporting images using word processing programs.
- Apply basic proof reading and editing skills.
- Orally count starting from 0 by 2s to 100.
- Read and understand basic facts to 20 (addition and subtraction).
- Represent and solve simple addition and subtraction problems to 30 using concrete materials, illustrations, counting on and counting back, partitioning and rearranging parts.
- Count collections to 100 or more by partitioning numbers using place value.
- Automatically recall basic facts to 20.
- Recognise, describe and order Australian coins and notes according to value.
- Tell the time (hour and half hour).
- Recognise and classify 3D shapes using basic attributes and features.
- Choose simple questions and gather responses to collect data.
- Draw simple data displays.